The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd. Language
· Figurative Language:
· a waft of wind came sweeping down the laurel-walk, and trembled through the boughs of
the chestnut: it wandered away to an indefinite distance it died. )
· Through Jane an observation of human nature is made, both good and bad. Used a lot
by English Romantic poet Lord Byron. A level jane eyre revision. NOW AVAILABLE! Register Number: 59666885 (England and Wales), VAT No.
· No fear of death will darken St. 856 8567 77 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN6 8XE Please to improve your experience. Much has been made of Haworth s proximity to wild moorland and its alleged remoteness from the worlds of business, industry and politics, and it has therefore been seen as extraordinary that young women who knew so little of life and lived at such a distance from the centres of literature and culture should be able to write such accomplished novels.
. Other Quotes
· St. Nature must be gladsome when I was so
· Mr Rochester s proposal You strange almost unearthly thing!
· Mysterious, spiritual:. The great horse-chestnut at the bottom of the orchard had been
struck by lightning in the night, and half of it split away. Another element in this myth is the sense of doom that seemed to pursue the family: a mother who died young, two sisters who died in childhood, and the deaths of three of the siblings in less than a year between September 6898 and May 6899, leaving Charlotte alone.
· Past Tense: I have now been marred ten years. John s last hour: his mind will be unclouded his heart will be
undaunted his hope will be sure his faith steadfast. You are using an outdated browser. York Notes+ online edition - all the content from the print guide, PLUS: York Notes for AS and A7 on Jane Eyre is an indispensable study and revision guide, providing everything you need to know about Charlotte Bront 's classic novel of love and self-fulfilment, from chapter analysis and extended commentaries to key themes such as 'Growing up' and 'The Search for Identity' with notes on Structure, Form and Language, Contexts, and Crotical Viewpoints. . Romanticised biographies published in the late nineteenth and twentieth centuries, many of them written by novelists, and often based on speculation or partial evidence, encouraged this image of an isolated, almost magical family of writers. Whether you re an A Level student or an undergraduate, York Notes Advanced provide everything you need to know about Bront s famous tale of love, loss and love regained, from chapter summaries and extended commentaries to key themes such as Moral Courage and Self-fulfilment, and Religious faith. Now available online too, with expert podcasts and our unique essay-writing tool, Essay Wizard. Written by established literature experts, York Notes give you everything you need for an in-depth study of the text. - I love you as my own flesh.
Additional guidance comes in the form of new Key Quotations and Revision focus features, an essential exam section with sample questions and answers to help boost your grade, and brand new interactive features available online! Including quotes, notes on language, form and structure and the life of janeA presentation done in class, it should be helpful as a summary and last minute revision for the exam. You almost unearthly thing! Technique Structure
· A form of a Bildungsroman as Jane Eyre is based on Jane s childhood and her maturing
character, focusing on emotions and experiences in her growth towards adulthood.
· Pathetic fallacy: And what ailed the chestnut tree? York Notes Advanced offer a fresh and accessible approach to English Literature. Gives the reader the essence
of being part of the story, like Nelly directly telling Mr. Lockwood Wuthering heights and the
Grange in Wuthering Heights. It writhed and groaned while wind
roared in the laurel walk, and came sweeping over us. Jane Eyre York Notes for A Level (AS A7) is comprehensive, easy to use and will help you achieve the best possible grades. Many biographers have emphasised the supposedly lonely lives led by Charlotte, her father, brother and sisters in their parsonage at Haworth in Yorkshire. This market-leading series has been specially designed to meet the needs of today s A Level and undergraduate students.
John s proposal I claim you- not for my pleasure, but for my sovereign service.
· The use of directly talking to the reader Reader, I married him.
· Uses Byronic character (typical in Gothic novels ) an idealized but flawed heroin. They include:
· the eyes shone dark and wild the hair streamed shadowy, like a beamless cloud torn by
storm or by electric travail. Everything you need to know about Jane Eyre to succeed in your A Level or undergraduate studies. Fresh and fragrant breeze. Written by A Level examiners and teachers to give you an expert understanding of the text and the exam, they include: Everything you need to know to help you learn, revise effectively and write the very best answers when studying Jane Eyre for your A Level English Literature. With in-depth notes on Language and style, Narrative technique and Structure and overviews of key critical responses and relevant contexts, York Notes Advanced will introduce you to a sophisticated analysis of the text, and provide an essential foundation for developing your own ideas and analysis. Now in full colour and a new A9 size, the York Notes Jane Eyre revision guide for AS A7 is even easier to use, and contains a wealth of detailed content, plus essential help with exam practice and revision. York Notes Advanced are the ultimate guides to English Literature, whether you re an A Level student or undergraduate.